One of my favorite websites is MarksDailyApple.com. Mark is all about primal living – in other words, living like “Grok” did thousands of years ago before modern technology.
This means no convenience foods, nothing manufactured by a machine, put in a box, wrapper, or bag while only eating foods that Grok had access to back in the day.
Essentially, it’s living primal. And I love it.
Anyway, Mark is going crazy right now with reader generated content. He is running all sorts of contests and his Grokkers are really into it.
One of his readers, Batty, submitted this video where she teaches you how to make avocado cocoa rolls. It didn’t sound all that good to me at first, to be honest. But the recipe is pretty amazing and it’s primal and healthy for you.
In fact, the cocoa roll alone is worth the time it takes to check out this video. You can use it for other food creations, I suppose, even if the avocado filling isn’t your bag.
It’s absolutely imperative to find healthy snacks that satisfy your cravings – it is the best way to avoid binging while trying to lose weight and increase your health.
And watching Batty in action is wicked entertaining! Love her humor and spin on life!
Here is the recipe for the Avocado Cocoa Rolls:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 shredded coconut (I would use real coconut not the crap you buy in a bag)
- 2 bananas
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Roll: To the food processor add the coconut, 4 eggs and 1 banana cocoa powder and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture out onto a greased cookie sheet in one thin layer and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes until it puffs up and edges get crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cut crispy edges off. Cut sheet into 6 -8 small rectangles.
- Filling: Add avocado into food processor and add 1 banana. Mix well.
- Add some avocado mixture to the front edge of one of the rolls and roll it up.
Please hit the like button below if you enjoyed this post.
Your Friend & Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
Author, Ultimate Home Workouts