Here is a great chicken recipe to go along with your home workouts from Isabel De Los Rios from The Diet Solution Program.
Isabel provides dozens and dozens of recipes, including a whole new salad recipe book with the program.
I don’t know about you but this one makes my mouth water just looking at the picture!
Here’s what you need to do to make the chicken in coconut-lime sauce:
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 bone-in chicken drumsticks
- 1?2 cup sliced green onions
- 1?2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 dried red hot peppers
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1?2 tsp salt
- 1?4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 131?2 oz (1 can) coconut milk
- 1?2 cup fresh lime juice
- a few lime slices (for garnish)
- a few fresh red hot peppers (for garnish)
- 1?2 cup grated coconut (for garnish)
- In large frying pan, warm coconut oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, about 5 minutes on each side; remove from frying pan and keep warm.
- To frying pan, add green onions, salsa, garlic, dried hot peppers, curry powder, salt, and black pepper; cook about 2 minutes, stirring, until onion is browned.
- Return chicken to pan; pour coconut milk and lime juice over chicken.
- Simmer over low heat about 30 minutes, or until fork can be inserted into chicken with ease.
- Remove and discard hot peppers.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
Garnish with lime slices and fresh red hot peppers, and sprinkle lightly with grated coconut before serving.
And if you would like access to all of Isabel’s healthy fat loss recipes, along with meal plans, just go grab a copy for yourself right now. The diet solution program is awesome but the recipes and meal plans are worth the money on their own. Check it out by clicking here.
BTW, if you liked this post could you go me a favor and hit the “like” button for me? Many thanks!
Have a great weekend!
Your Friend & Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS