4. Drink Water: Often when you think you are hungry, you are often actually dehydrated. Additionally, all the metabolic processes in your body occur in water. Being adequately hydrated will help facilitate optimal metabolic activity. Women should be drinking 80 ounces per day, and men should consume 120 ounces.
5. Enlist Social Support: It is a well known tidbit that those who are trying to accomplish a goal and have the support of those close to them accomplish more than those who do not have social support. Try sharing your fat loss goals with family and friends and ask for them to support you on your journey. Also, join an online forum or fat loss group where you are surrounded by other people who share similar goals as you. Being held accountable will greatly increase your chances of following your plan through to then end.
6. Use Supplements: Often times even the best diets cannot supply us with every nutrient our bodies need to run efficiently. Try supplementing with some or all of the following: Multi-vitamin with spirulina, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, forskolin, guggul, advantra Z, L-tyrosine, chromium, and vanadyl sulfate.
7. Keep a Weight Loss Journal: Each day record all food consumed, exercise performed, amount of sleep, water intake, and any supplements you take. This will not only hold you accountable for your actions but you will be able to keep track of the things you do that do and do not work.
8. Reduce Stress: High levels of stress cause your body to release cortisol into your bloodstream. Prolonged elevated levels of circulating cortisol can cause impaired thyroid function, decreases in muscle tissue, and blood sugar imbalances, among other things. Therefore, you must try to eliminate, or at least control, the amount of stress in your life. Try yoga, relaxing massages, or taking quiet bubble baths.
Follow these 8 tips and you will be well on your way to achieving your weight loss goals.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments. What has worked for you and what hasn’t?