In the Campbell household, we usually have a pork roast on Christmas day. If it were up to me we would have a Christmas pizza, but noooooooooo. So, I have to cook a ton of food. My family is fairly boring when it comes to their eating tastes and we usually have the traditional accompanying sides with the pork.
However, not everyone is as boring as we are so I thought you might like to have this awesome pork recipe in case you were looking for something different to eat over the holidays.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Rosemary-Mustard Rub:
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
MARINATING TIME: 30 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15–20 minutes
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp stone-ground mustard
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Strip rosemary leaves from stems and place in a small food processor bowl with garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Pulse the mixture to make a paste.
- Smooth the paste over the pork, place on a baking sheet, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat gas grill to high.
- Brush grate with olive oil.
- Sear pork for 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium- low, cover, and cook pork for 8–10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Transfer pork to a platter. Let rest for 6–8 minutes before slicing and serving.
Of course you can throw the pig into the oven as well and cook according to the directions on the package. Grilling not necessary.
I hope you like this recipe and if not for the holidays you can still find a perfect occasion to make it.
*This recipe can be found with a zillion other awesome recipes as part of Isabel De Los Rios’s Diet Solution Program.