Think it’s not possible to lose 5 pounds in 14 days while avoiding the gym and doing home workouts?
I am going to prove, once again, that it is possible.
Today is September 16th and by September 30th I will be 5 pounds lighter.
Here’s my plan:
1. Set my goal
Goal: Lose 5 pounds in 14 days.
*Note there is a “how much” and a “time frame” stated in this goal. Make sure yours has the same. Adding a time frame to your goal helps hold you accountable.
2. Create the right mindset
I have to actually want to lose the 5 pounds and I have to be motivated and completely psyched to see the pounds melt away.
I have some motivational quotes that I read each morning that will inspire me to continue strong another day.
3. Plan and prepare with an action plan
Here’s my diet and exercise plan for losing 5 pounds in 14 days:
- I will do home workouts of strength training and bodyweight exercises 3-4 days/week.
- I will do home workouts of high intensity interval training 2-3 days per week.
- I will do home workouts of high intensity longer duration cardio up to 5 days per week.
- I will clean up my diet.
- I will use intermittent fasting 1-2 days per week, use portion control, and eat less overall everyday.
- I will drink more water everyday.
- I will have 1 complete rest day each week.
Once I lose the 5 pounds and reach my goal weight I can back off on the number of days per week I do these until I find an amount that will allow my weight to remain constant.
4. Get support from my family and friends
Having social support is huge.
First, I have to have Scott on board for several reasons.
- I eat many of my meals with him
- It is fun to eat with him and we can make some naughty choices from time to time
- I eat more when I am with him – in fact, I can eat as much as he does and he is 8 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier then me.
- He can help keep me motivated
Second, I have to have my Mom on board because all she wants to do it go out to eat with me. It seems these days we actually can’t spend any time together without a meal involved and she is classic old school thinking: the more food at the lowest price the better. So we end up at a lot of low quality food buffets. It makes her happy so I do my best to make good choices when we eat like that.
Third, I have to recruit my closest friends. Girls nights can’t happen without wine, cheese, and other delectable offerings. Knowing I have a goal in mind to lose fat will help keep the menu waistline friendly. Friends are good for being active with too, especially mine.
Last, I am telling you guys to help hold me accountable (as well as educate you on the right way to undertake such a feat).
So that’s the plan and how I am going to lose 5 pounds in 14 days.
And I will keep you updated everyday as to what exactly what I eat and what type of home workouts I do.
Your Friend & Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
P.S. If you are with me and want a good home workouts fat loss program you can follow with the exact exercises to do and exactly when to do them then check out Ultimate Home Workouts by clicking here.