How do!! Today I have a great update for you on how day 2 went for me on Joel Marion’s new 25 day rapid fat loss program, Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
Day 2 on the program is a fasting day coupled with a lactic acid workout, an HIIT workout, and another 30 minute cardio session.
It was a long day.
But the good news is that I made it through with flying colors.
Check out this video where I tell you my thoughts on day 2 of the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet:
Here are 6 tips for getting through the fasting day:
- Eat well on your cheat day – if you eat enough calories on the day before the fast (cheat day) you will have no problems with lack of energy on your fast day.
- Drink a ton of liquids – Sometimes when our stomach growls we think it is asking for food when really it could be stopped with water, tea, or a 0 calories flavored water.
- Stay very busy – Distraction is gold on a fast day.
- Be anti-social – Too many temptations from people who have different goals than you.
- Stay away from TV – You don’t realize how many food commercials there are until you watch tv having not eaten in 24 hours.
- Enlist the support of your friends and family – Scott really was the key to me not caving in and eating after about 8 pm on my fast day. Have someone in your circle you can count on for support.
The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Day 2 Workouts:
- Lactic Acid strength training session – Provided for you in the workout logs. Took about 45 minutes and was VERY challenging!
- HIIT – chose to do burpees right in my living room for 15 minutes using an interval ratio of 24:36 seconds.
- 30 minutes of cardio – advanced cardio workout on my rebounder (sounds corny but I bought the rebounder a few years back when I suffered from leg injuries sustained fromrunning too much. This actually gave me a great workout without doing any more damage.
And that’s that!
Overall it was a very challenging day. No food and 3 workouts can really tax you mentally.
But, the good news is that I completed it 100% the way the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet is written and if nothing else, I am extremely proud of my ability to have done that.
I will be back with my update on day 3 soon.
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
Related Posts In Series: