You become what you think about.
- If you believe you are a failure, you will be.
- If you think you are fat and ugly, you are.
- If you think you are stupid, you’re right.
On the other hand:
- If you believe you will be a success, you will be.
- If you think you are fit and beautiful/handsome, you are.
- If you think you are smart and capable, you’re right.
Our mindset is one of the most determining factors in who we are and who we become. It can also determine our success (or lack there of) when trying to achieve a goal.
That is why it is so important to set goals for yourself.
When something positive is on your mind, you are more likely to take action on that thought.
You must have goals. You must have positive direction.
- Goals help you accomplish things.
- Goals increase your chances for success.
- Goals give you a purpose.
Goals can even take your blues away by creating activity – action has the capability to change emotion.
According to Brian Tracey, if we want to truly become great we must follow a 3 step plan:
- Select a goal important to you.
- Make a plan to achieve the goal.
- Do something everyday that will get you closer to the goal.
Check out this short video where Brian walks you through these steps:
For example, many people have the goal of fat loss.
So, you would list out all the things that you can do to be successful at losing fat:
- Move more
- Decrease food portions
- Have goals and work towards them everyday
- Enlist your friends and family to support you
- Get a workout buddy
- Workout at home
- Cut out refined and processed foods
- Do resistance training
- Ask a fitness expert how you can improve your fitness program
And then everyday, you would make sure you did at least 1 thing on this list.
It is a perfect formula for success.
Not just for fitness and fat loss but for every area of your life.
Kekich Credo # 21: Always have lofty explicit goals and visualize them intensely. Assume the attitude that if you don’t reach your goals, you will literally die! This type of gun-to-your-head forced focus… survival pressure mindset, no matter how briefly used, stimulates your mind, forces you to use your time effectively… and illuminates new ways of getting things done.
So, choose the most important goal to you today, make an action plan that will lead you down the path to success, and take massive action EVERYDAY towards your goal.
You will be successful – because you know you will be.
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS