Healthy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe Makes Your Taste Buds Dance AND Sing
If you know me at all, you know I follow a Paleo Diet (aka Primal) to keep healthy and lean.
So, I am always trying to come up with more and more awesome Paleo Diet recipes, such as this mashed cauliflower recipe, to help with my cause.
Why do I choose to follow a Paleo Diet? And why cauliflower?
Because I care about my health and the size of my waistline. I have made a very important decision to oust grains, processed sugars, and conventionally raised meat from my diet at least 80% of the time.
Hey, nobody’s perfect.
And by doing so I have committed to eating more meat and eggs from 100% grass fed animals, which have an amazing amount of omega 3, and much more vegetables.
Since that does limit my variety somewhat, I like to come up with really tasty ways to enjoy these foods so I don’t get too tempted to head to the nearest chain restaurant for a binge session of nasty and processed meat and trans fat filled french fries.
Cauliflower is jammed packed with vitamin C, fiber, minerals, and special compounds such as glucosinolates and thiocyanates, which are specifically abundant in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
A little-known fact (throw back to Cliff Claven – halla!) is that some of the compounds in cruciferous vegetables help to combat and prevent excess belly fat.
I don’t want excess belly fat, do you?
The following mashed cauliflower recipe with roasted garlic is one of my prized recipes I’ve perfected to help me eat my veggies with as much flavor-flave as possible.
Mashed Cauliflower Recipe with Roasted Garlic
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the tip end of the garlic off so that the majority of the cloves are exposed
- Place on cookie sheet and drizzle the exposed cloves with olive or coconut oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top of garlic becomes brown and the garlic itself is soft
- Cut up the head of cauliflower and add to a stockpot
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock
- Steam over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender
- Add the entire contents of the stockpot (cauliflower and leftover stock) to your blender (the one I use and recommend)
- Squeeze in several of the roasted garlic cloves
- Blend until you have reached your desired consistency
- Add salt to taste and garnish with bacon crumbles, a little shredded cheese, or some parsley
Please Leave a Comment
…and let me know what you think of my mashed cauliflower recipe.
Have you ever had mashed cauliflower before?
Does this recipe sound like something you will try?
Any tips for making it even tastier?