Jillian Michaels’ Diet and Lifestyle Plan for Optimal Metabolism Management and Fat Loss
In the no nonsense book, Master Your Metabolism, Jillian Michaels promotes a three step diet plan and lifestyle shift to repair the damage done to metabolism so as to achieve fast and healthy fat loss.
According to Michaels, the trick to mastering metabolism and burning fat is to have the right balance of hormones. Michaels insists that any positive or negative change to diet, habits, and lifestyle can have a major impact on hormone activity and metabolism.
Michaels further reports that people become overweight due to hormone level decline and endocrine disruptors. She states that these disruptors can include being sedentary, yo-yo dieting, eating foods that are highly processed and sprayed with pesticides, not getting enough sleep, and toxins in the environment.
The Fat Loss Master Diet
In Master Your Metabolism, Michaels reveals a master plan to recalibrate hormone levels and reset metabolism through the diet.
1. Remove anything from the diet that are not whole, natural foods. Michaels believes foods that are processed, contain hydrogenated fats, refined grains, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, colors and preservatives, glutamates, and those “less than stellar” should be avoided at all costs.
2. Restore foods back into the diet that stimulate fat burning hormones such as legumes, berries, meat and eggs, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and whole grains. Michaels believes food choices should also be organic.
3. Rebalance hormones by controlling the timing, quantity, and combinations of meals. According to Michaels, meals should be consumed every 4 hours, starting with breakfast, and should not continue past 9 pm. Michaels further suggests that eating until satisfied and combining protein, fats, and carbohydrates at every meal is also necessary.
The Fat Loss Master Lifestyle Plan
Michaels reports that toxins ingested from the diet and in the environment, such as air pollution, cosmetics, and industrial waste can wreak havoc on biochemistry and metabolism. Michaels suggests a number of ways to remove toxins from various areas in the home. A few of these suggestions include:
- Avoid use of unsafe plastic, such as PVC found in cling wrap, cooking oil bottles, and plumbing pipes
- Avoid use of polycarbonate found in sports bottles, baby bottles, and food storage containers
- Replace chlorinated paper products with non chlorinated versions
- Discontinue use of cosmetics containing mercury, lead, toluene, formaldehyde, and parabens
- Replace chemical laden home cleaners with natural cleaners
- Do not use weed killer
- Eliminate the use of all prescription and over the counter drugs
In general, Master Your Metabolism is a unique perspective on metabolism, offering a comprehensive diet and lifestyle plan to balance hormones for successful weight loss.
If you adapt even a handful of the recommendations in this book and continue with your fat loss workouts you will be well on your way to mastering your metabolism!