Hey, hope your day is awesome!
Before I talk to you about why you should work with a personal trainer, I wanted to share with you a little bit about our wicked fun weekend. Scott, Buddy, and I went camping in Lake Placid, NY with our friends. I think it was the first beautiful weekend we have had all summer. As I have said before, campfires, smores, great friends, kickin’ back……what could be better?
We decided to take advantage of our location and went for a hike on Saturday. We chose Phelps Mtn (#32 highest peak) because it was at the base of some of the highest peaks in the Adirondacks, namely Mt Marcy and Algonquin Peak, #1 and #2 in height, respectively, and would therefore provide a great reward for our climbing efforts.
It was well worth the effort. Check out this pic of us on the summit. Mt Marcy and Algonquin (not pictured) was literally right in front of us and the visibility went on for miles. It was a great workout (10 miles) and an outstanding way to lose yourself into your surroundings and recharge your batteries.
Please leave a comment below and let me know if you have ever hiked Phelps or had another great hiking experience!
OK, here are the top 6 reasons why you should work with a personal trainer:
1. Credentials: Personal trainers have the education, certifications, and experience to design safe and effective workout and nutrition plans to help you achieve your fitness goals. They are experts!
2. Specificity: Personal trainers will design a program specific to your goals, needs, and current fitness level. It is all about you. Don’t get your workout from a random website or fitness magazine, those are general workouts that probably are not appropriate for you. Furthermore, a program that is not designed specifically for you may lead to injury.
3. Attention: Personal trainers are there to monitor your progress, or lack thereof, and make the necessary adjustments to your plan to keep you on track toward achieving your fitness goals. Because of this attention they are also available to address your specific issues and questions.
4. Motivation and Accountability: Personal trainers are there to motivate you and hold your accountable for your success. Too often we are discouraged when we don’t see immediate efforts or get caught up in our busy lives with work and family. Trainers will make sure you are doing what you need to do to improve yourself. No excuses!
5. Dedication: Personal trainers want you to succeed. They want you to meet your goals. It is why they are in that line of business. They will do everything they can to support you on your fitness journey.
6. Success: For all of the reasons above you are more likely to succeed. The knowledge of your trainer, specificity of program design, personal attention, accountability and dedication will guarantee you will have a successful fitness journey!
Please leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts on working with a Personal Trainer!