In a few days, the 4th of July celebration will begin here in the US.
That means people are going to let down their hair and probably eat and drink a little more then they should – of things probably not very healthy or waistline friendly.
So, I thought I would give you a salad idea for you to make for your independence day celebration. This salad is a great side or meal all on it’s own. And if you’re visiting someone else’s abode this weekend then I am sure they would gladly welcome this gift from you to add to their feast.
BTW, I am taking this recipe out of the NEW Bonus Salad Recipe Book now part of The Diet Solution Program by Isabel Del Los Rios.
The program was well worth the price before but an even greater value now with this awseome salad recipe book, complete with pictures!
Also, I did The Diet Solution Program a few months back since I like to do all the programs I discuss on the blog. Easy, effective, non-depriving! If you haven’t yet found a goof nutrition program that you can stick to I would highly recommend giving this one a shot.
Roasted California Salad
- 1 red pepper, cut into spears (or bite-sized pieces)
- 1 orange pepper, cut into spears
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium squash, sliced at an angle about 1/4” thick
- 1/2 medium zucchini, sliced at angle about 1/4” thick
- 1 cup of sliced baby portabellas (including the stems)
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 8 sections (omit if desired)
- 1 teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary 2 tablespoons of coconut oil 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 mango, sliced into 1/4” sections
- 1 avocado, sliced into 1/4” sections
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 head of red romaine lettuce, mescalin, mixed greens, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare veggies.
- Prepare seasoning for veggies. Coat veggies in seasoning, and loosely cover with foil on a cookie sheet. Roast for 40 minutes. Turn once.
- While veggies roast, prepare Rosemary Lemon Vinaigrette (refer to recipe in the Dressing section).
- Prepare strawberries, mango, avocado, and walnuts.
- Wash and prepare lettuce.
- Create your Roasted California Salad! Place lettuce in a large serving bowl. Pile the roasted veggies atop lettuce in the mid- dle of your most beautiful serving dish. Add fruit, avocado, nuts along the sides of the dish.
Hopefully this Roasted California Salad will be the hit of all your parties this weekend!
And remember, if you eat well 80% of the time during the holiday weekend, a cheat meal will not negatively effect your fat loss progress.
Your friend & Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS