Hey I’m back on day 18 to tell you all about what’s happening on Isabel Del Los Rios’s The Diet Solution Program.
If you’ve missed any of my previous updates of days 1-17 you can get all caught up by clicking here —> The Diet Solution Program Review
I’m running a little short on groceries today so I had to head to the local deli for lunch.
The good news was I was able to pass up the patato chips (5 cheese flavor!) and the potato and macaroni salads, the home-made chocolate chip cookies and the grilled cheese sammiches I love so much from there.
I went with a taco salad, minus the taco shell. Just lettuce, tomatoes black olives, salsa, a little cheese, and a whole lot of yummy chicken (it also comes with red onion and banana peppers but I’d rather starve then eat them).
It worked out great – but at this point I sort of feel like I’m not really even trying.
I am so satisfied with all of my meals (because I am eating right for my metabolic type, as determined by a quiz that comes with The Diet Solution Program) that I don’t have any cravings at all.
Now that’s just one side of the story.
I also don’t keep anything in the house that would tempt me to stray from the program. It makes it easier to behave.
You better believe if there was ice cream in the freezer it would be gone by now!
But that’s just another secret to my success so far on The Diet Solution Program – Don’t keep food you shouldn’t be eating and will be tempted by in your house.
OK, here’s a great blog post from Isabel – I know that you have been reading all about my journey on The Diet Solution Program for almost 3 weeks now and you’ve been sort of wanting to try it out.
So, I asked if she could give you a few simple and healthy meal plans you can start right now to get you moving towards your fat loss goals.
So, here they are…..
Is it possible to put together a simple and healthy meal plan? One that is not going to be complicated and hard to follow? Yes. It is possible and I will show you how. The healthy meal plans below will help you achieve your health goals while simultaneously shedding fat off your body.
Here are 3 healthy meal plans you can get started on right now.
Protein should be included in every meal throughout the day and breakfast is no exception. Make sure to include organic eggs, cottage cheese, raw nut butter or smoked fish as one component of your healthy breakfast. Carbohydrates should also be included in the form of oatmeal, sprouted grain bread, fruit and/or vegetables.
3 great sample breakfasts are:
- Oatmeal with almond butter, topped with fresh berries and a bit of Stevia to sweeten.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 slice sprouted grain toast and ½ grapefruit
- Smoked salmon over sliced tomato and 1 green apple
The same rules apply as breakfast. An easy way to ensure that you always have a healthy protein available for lunch is to pack leftovers from dinner the night before. Leftover hamburger, chicken legs or wild fish are all great to include in a salad or over vegetables.
3 great sample lunches are:
- Baked Tilapia over sautéed spinach, green salad with chick peas (oil and vinegar as dressing) followed by ½ cup of pineapple.
- Leftover chicken legs with ½ sweet potato and broccoli.
- Lean hamburger over portabella mushroom and brown rice. Cooked vegetables or a green salad. 1 orange.
You can really be creative with dinner. Look for recipes that are quick and easy and modify them with your own healthy ingredients as needed. Again, always remember to include protein and carbohydrates.
3 great sample dinners are:
- Mexican salad: Ground beef over shredded lettuce and tomato, guacamole and brown rice.
- Grilled Salmon over asparagus, green salad (oil and vinegar as dressing) followed by a fresh fruit salad.
- Buffalo meat balls over rice pasta with sautéed broccoli.
You never want to let your body get too hungry. Hunger often leads to binge eating of unhealthy food and makes sticking to a healthy eating regimen much more difficult. It’s important to keep snacks handy so you never experience hunger or a blood sugar low without having a healthy option nearby.
3 great snacks are:
- 2 Tbsp almond butter on ½ apple
- Trail mix made up of walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit (no sugar added)
- Cottage cheese and pineapple
Incorporate just a few of these meals into your daily eating regimen and you will see an incredible difference in your weight loss results. Following simple and healthy meal plans like these is the first step in achieving your health and fitness goals.
Thanks a lot, Isabel, I even picked up a few ideas to try! I will be picking up those ingredients when I go to the store tomorrow!
- Try to get rid of all the “junk” in your house so you are not tempted to eat it.
- Include a little protein at all meals and snacks.
Oh, and it’s not too late to join me on The Diet Solution Program journey. You can grab your copy by clicking here —> The Diet Solution Program.
Until next update, go eat some protein!
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
P.S. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of Isabel’s meal plans.