I’m back with an update for day 25 on Isabel Del Los Rios’s The Diet Solution Program.
If you’ve missed any of my previous updates you can check them out by clicking here —> The Diet Solution Program Review
I’m nearing the end of my first 4 weeks on this program and I can’t wait to see what my results look like in the next few days!
I’ve definitely learned a lot and know that I have made some very healthy changes to my diet that simply couldn’t result in anything other than fat loss.
Today I thought I would share with you a grocery list of foods that I have purchased while on The Diet Solution Program.
Bring this list to the grocery store with you on your next trip and if you just stick to the items on included you will be doing your waistline a big favor.
Grocery List For Fat Loss
- Organic red apples
- Berries (fresh and frozen for smoothies)
- Broccoli or cauliflower
- Peppers (red, green, orange)
- Organic baby spinach
- Unsweetened almond or hemp milk (for smoothies)
- Black, kidney beans, or chick peas
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds (make sure there are no added oils in the ingredients)
- Almond or cashew butter (make sure there is no assed oils to the ingredients)
- Almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, walnuts (again, no added oils)
- Organic eggs
- Organic meat or meat from a local farm that they feed with grass (at the very least it should have no added hormones or antibiotics)
- Butter from grass fed cows
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Organic coconut oil
- Green, White, & Red teas, Yerba Mate
The foods on the grocery list above come from the following categories:
- Nuts, seeds, nut butter
- High quality meat, eggs, butter
- Healthy fats
What foods are NOT included on this list?
Starchy carbohydrates, aka grains.
Grains should not be eaten on a regular basis, especially if you haven’t “earned” them. What do I mean by that?
Grains are not really necessary to sustain a healthy and fit body. We don’t need them.
However, if you are an athlete who puts in long hours of intense activity, your body may need the energy that comes from having some grains in the diet.
So, my general rule of thumb is to eliminate all grains from your diet.
However, if you are exercising and start to feel that your body just doesn’t have enough energy to get through your workouts then go ahead and add grains back in but make sure you eat them post workout. This will give you the best chance of having your body use the energy from the grains for energy vs storing them as fat.
Grains that I approve of if you NEED the extra energy:
- Kamut or Spelt pasta
- Ezekial Bread
There are other variations of breads and pastas that I approve of but I have found these are the best tasting.
This means always avoiding:
- Bread, bagels, wraps
If you would like to join me on my journey on The Diet Solution Program then you can grab your copy by clicking here —> The Diet Solution Program
Until my next update, go shopping! But take thie grocery list!
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
P.S In case you missed it, here are all of my reviews of The Diet Solution Program: