Hey All, I am back on a beautiful day in upstate NY to tell you about day 10 on Craig Ballantyne’s fat loss workouts, Turbulence Training.
As you know, I have been reviewing the Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks workout from Turbulence Training and today is day 10.
Day 10 means back to workout B, the upper body workout with 10 minute high intensity interval training portion to round it out.
I thought I would change things up a bit and use the kettlebell for the high intensity interval training.
It worked out great!
It was only a 10 minute session today where the first 2 and the last 2 minutes were a warm up and a cool down.
There were 6 minutes of intervals, alternating 1 minute on with 1 minute recovery.
So, on the active parto of the interval I would swing the kettlebell using 2 arms.
For my recovery interval I put the kettlebell down and just paced around the living room.
Here’s how to do a kettlebell 2 arm swing:
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with the kettlebell on the floor directly in front of you.
- Squat down, keeping your lower back flat, bracing your core, and sticking your butt back and out.
- Pick up the kettlebell with both hands and swing it back in between your legs.
- Change directions and bring it back through your legs coming out of your squat beginning to stand, keeping your core braced with flat back, and extending the hips.
- Arms will swing up to about eye level, at which point you will be standing up straight.
- Begin to squat back down and swing the kettlebell down and back through the legs.
If you want a great high intensity interval training workout without doing the same old thing time and time again, try incorporating keetlebell swings into your fat loss workouts.
And if you would like to join me on my Turbulence Training journey please grab your copy by CLICKING HERE.
Your Home Fat Loss Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS