Why do these fasting days come up so frequently on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet?
Cheat days certainly don’t come around as quickly! (Wink, wink)
Anyway, day 12 on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet was relatively painless, which I was really hoping for.
But since this is my third time through the fasting day I would like to consider myself an old pro at it now.
In fact, if you missed my update from my first fasting day on day 2, I will share with you again my 6 tips for getting through the fasting day.
- Eat well on your cheat day – if you eat enough calories on the day before the fast (cheat day) you will have no problems with lack of energy on your fast day.
- Drink a ton of liquids – Sometimes when our stomach growls we think it is asking for food when really it could be stopped with water, tea, or a 0 calories flavored water.
- Stay very busy – Distraction is gold on a fast day.
- Be anti-social – Too many temptations from people who have different goals than you.
- Stay away from TV – You don’t realize how many food commercials there are until you watch tv having not eaten in 24 hours.
- Enlist the support of your friends and family – Scott really was the key to me not caving in and eating after about 8 pm on my fast day. Have someone in your circle you can count on for support.
For me, every time I felt any hunger pangs I just had something to drink and it really helped.
But the truth is, I never wavered one bit today. I never asked myself why I was doing this or thought about quitting just so I could have a meal.
Admittedly, I thought both of those things on my first 2 fast days. I’m not sure what was different today. I just know now that there are worse things then not eating for a day, like not meeting your goals, failing yourself, being sick, not living the life you deserve, not being able to take care of your family.
I could go on.
The truth is, like many other things, fasting day is 100% mind over matter.
Physiologically, you don’t need the food since you had a cheat day prior so any perceived need or desire for food is in your head and you must make the mental adjustment to get through the day.
And you can do it!
How do I know that? Because I know you want all those things I just mentioned – you deserve them!
Regarding workouts, I was able to get through all 3 of them with flying colors!
I attribute that to taking a break from the weights on day 10. I was more sore than I have even been before and my knee was bothering me (which never happens) so I made the decision to rest for one day.
The result was an outstanding workout for the next 2 days! Overtraining really isn’t necessary and can do more damage than good in the long run.
For today’s workouts, I did the lactic acid workout right at home (love home workouts!) and then did a sprinting HIIT session on my rebounder mid day and took a 30 minute bike ride in the evening.
Even though I stayed strong throughout fasting day, I am really looking forward to my shake in the morning!
Can’t wait to tell you all about it!
Your Friend and Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
P.S. If you have still not joined me on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet, what are you waiting for? Grab your copy and get started today by clicking here —> Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
P.P.S. If you are already doing the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet then join my Free Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Support Community today by clicking here —>Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Support Community
Related Posts In Series: