Today is day 7 on my journey of Joel Marion’s Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
I’ve been thinking about something: It is very disheartening waking up in the morning knowing that you won’t be able to eat anything for a full 24 hours.
Why? And how the hell did food become so integral to our mental and emotional well being?
This was my second fasting day on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet so I have had 2 successful attempts at it. Physically, I truely don’t have an issue with not eating all day. Because of the previous cheat day I get plenty of calories and therefore have plenty of energy for the fasting day – enough to do 3 tough workouts!
But why do I still want to eat?
We obviously have an emotional and mental connection with food that goes way beyond survival. Food must fill some sort of void in our lives or satisfy a need.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
Anyway, back to my day.
Basically, the strategy I employed on the first fasting day worked so well that I simply did the same exact thing:
- I drank a ton of water.
- I drank a few cups of tea.
- Later in the day I treated myself to a 0 calorie flavored water after my 3rd and final workout. And really, I only drank half of it.
I also took my daily vitamins and BCAA’s as prescribed in the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
1. Lactic acid strength training workout: Just as a reminder, the accumulation of lactic acid actually promotes the secretion of growth hormone into our blood stream. We love this because growth hormone is responsible for burning fat, building muscle, and all kinds of anti-aging effects.
So, the workout is geared towards generating lactic acid. It accomplishes this by slowing down the concentric portion of the exercise.
Therfore, this workout can take a while. Today it took me 1 hour and 15 minutes. At least I got to catch up on my stories when I was doing it!
A brutal workout, but totally doable.
2. Hight intensity interval training: Today’s HIIT was one of my old favs – the burpee. I think the burpee is one of the best and most complete bodyweight exercise you can do. It can be altered to meet your fitness level and also to give you a new challenge.
Burpees can range from:
- Squat thrust
- Basic burpee
- Burpee with jump
- Burpee with push up
- Burpee with push up and jump
- Burpee with jump and chin up
You get the idea!
I try to stick to the burpee with jump for a challenge and drop back to the basic burpee when I need something a little less stressful.
Today I used an HIIT time interval of 30 seconds exercise and 60 seconds recovery. Good times!
3. 30 minutes cardio at 80% max HR: Today was cold and rainy and I was feeling a little worn out from all the workouts. So, I again opted to use my rebounder and get my butt kicked in an advanced cardio workout.
I was totally drained by the end of the workout. In fact, I was starting to worry I wouldn’t finish. But I did. Again, good times.
I am so looking forward to my smoothies tomorrow! In fact, I am sure I will be dreaming about them tonight.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another update on my journey on the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
Your Friend and Coach,
Susan Campbell, MS, CSCS
P.S. Start losing fat today! Come join me on Joel Marion’s Xtreme Fat Loss Diet and let’s meet out goals together! Click this link now to get started –> Xtreme Fat Loss Diet
Related Posts In Series: