Todays healthy recipe to help you lose weight comes from – me!
I’m sure I got the idea for this somewhere specific, but I have come up with my own version becuae I’m so damn picky.
And because of that, I’m thinking you will love this recipe – because I do.
I’ve been trying to cut down on my processed grains lately, and one great way to do that is to replace your pasta with vegetables.
In this case, I am using zucchini and carrots to replace my pasta.
Why replace pasta?
For 2 reasons:
- Because our bodies don’t actually “need” grains to live.
- Because grains are very caloricly dense (meaning, you have a lot of calories in only a small portion) vs plant based food.
So, give it a shot and let me know what you think.
This recipe is outstanding as both a main course and side dish.
Zuchinni and Carrot Spaghetti
- Coconut oil
- Tomato sauce
- Garlic clove
- Sea salt
- Parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast if you are vegan)
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips of both the zucchini and carrots (I like to have a ratio of about 3:1 zucchini:carrots)
- Heat 1/2 tsp coconut oil in a frying pan and add 1 clove of garlic
- Add zucchini and carrots and heat for 1-2 minutes over low to medium heat (they should be just warmed, not actually cooked).
- Add salt to taste
- Add tomato sauce and cheese when finished and serve